The Station.

The Station.

I am now standing
near the exit door of the reserved compartment,
Me near the edge,
with my luggage scattered around me.
Leaving the co-passengers in their seats
left behind...for their own trip.
Yes...the previous was the last station before
my arrival and a farewell for my final station
So..to make myself more comfortable and free
getting down is not that easy with all the readiness
is quite tricky...and risky
with all the belongings that I collected to be carried with
to unload in the final stop
You !....... Don't know...
Will it be smooth or too chaotically rough descent
young carefree travellers try to overtake you forever
in a ruthless rush
So, I should be careful so remain wishful.
But right now...
I am out of rush from the sitting lot
luckily lonely not too many I stand at the exit
The speed that accelerated from the previous station...
seems to slow down?
Is it an insignificant or local stop?
Is it a neglected no-stop rural request stop
or
Am I nearing my destination?
I am not sure...
different trains pass to and fro nonstop
for a long time since my entry from the starting point
Some may stop and some may not.
No...obsolutely no idea...
Peeped out of the door to confirm the station
the unstable moving sights were unclear,
gloomy and too dull.. like an old landscape painting!
Strange...!
As a tourist, me on the train
blindfolded and disconnected..of life beyond the parallel tracks
But...The view in front is slow and vast...
but steady in motion
The musical engine whistle signals something!
The arrival of the station, or near for a crossing.
I wondered...
must be now the train is losing velocity
I should see a signal pole if any station is approaching
I strain my eyes to see one..but none...
But not yet...
I felt relaxed, arrangements for the disembarkment are in place.
I am ready...! or Am I ready?
for what? to get on or get down or get away with???
I interrogate myself,
but difficult to assert the dreaded question
am I ecstatic or excruciating?
encountering the unknown is frustrating often...
One thing for sure,
the arrival time may vary
but it is as near as ever...
As the journey has begun long ago...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

ಕಾಗೆ....